Crazy: 98-inch HDTV Mounted in Ceiling

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cletus_slackjawd

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2006
I'm not jealous at all, really! I had a childhood with lots of friends out in the country. We spent the days outside, building forts, catching frogs, hiking, archery, riding bikes and motorcycles, old school board games, playing cards, simple toys like GI JOE and transformers. Only watched TV on Saturday mornings.

warezme

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2006
she spent tons of money to make her kid a sad bed ridden nerd..., then she didn't have enough to buy him some decent bedroom furniture...

ajcroteau

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008
It's nice to know that as people are losing their jobs and their homes in this economy, there are still people in this world with way way way too much freakin' money on their hands :) Spread the wealth!!!

vertigo_2000

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2007
The woman shoulda bought the kid a 42" plasma or LCD and donated the rest to a worthy charity. This is just another example of people with too much money wasting it on stupid things.

98" HDTV - $6,000 (i don't have a clue what it would cost)
Renovations - $6,000 (a guesstimate)
Liposuction in 15 yrs for kid - $6,000 (another guesstimate)
Total = $18,000

Wondering why you're labelled a bad mother and why your child hates you when he grows up - PRICELESS

Hanin33

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2009
lots of haters in here... just cuz you're broke doesn't mean others can't have gold plated toilets... give your whinging a rest...

fulle

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
Yeah... I found the quilt so distracting that I didn't notice the huge TV for several seconds, forgot that I clicked on an article about a TV, and questioned myself on why I clicked on an article about the most ugly quilt ever. Then I got my bearings back, noticed the TV, and got a sinking feeling over how freaking terrifying it would be to sit in a bed with the ugliest quilt ever, and a heavy electronic hanging above me, waiting to crush me to death... in the ugliest quilt ever.

I'm going to have nightmares. *whimpers* Its just so horrible!

CptTripps

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2006
I wouldn't mind one. Spoiled? Yes. Honestly if I was rich though I would by my kid all sorts of crazy crap, as long as they were good and maintained their GPA.

G

Man thats dumb, why not mount it on the wall so you can use it normally. The novalty will wear off in a few weeks, and he will be annoyed that he either has to lay on his back to see it, or see it from a wierd obtuse angle. Either way talk about neck strain.

When i read the article title i figured they meant retractable into the ceiling, that would be a different story. Then i saw the pic, how dumb.

JumpKickJoe

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2009
Could you imagine the amount of chicks this kid would pick up in school?

"hey sexy, how you doing?"
"i'm fine, how are you?"
"jus chilling, wanna come over to my place and chill a bit? Got me a 98 inch t.v. in my bedroom ceiling."
"98 inches? wow i gotta see this! You're name's ____ by the way right? I've been watching you some time now and i think you're really cute"

Betcha all those MTV cribs ballas never done it this big! Ever!

alvin777

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2009
Hi. I've tried before with a 17" LCD. Lying down on bed flat while watching is not the problem, it's when you lie down and do stressful things like play games (games are stressful and fun at the same time) or research on things and have your arms constantly in typing or gaming position. You will not last 20 minutes playing games or surfing the net even with wireless controllers in that position because your on your head. It's being impeded (the veins) by the cushion at you back of your head (even if that's Tempur) while you're doing stressful things. It is possible to last more than 20 minutes if you have controllers that let you control it at any arm position, even above the crown of the head. You'll also become dizzy coz' you have to be still and focus on that point on the screen.

We're really designed to relax when we lie down and incline or sit when we do stuff. It's not like watching the stars with you arms on your head or in any position for that matter. Even if you watch it while inclined, still the cushion at the back of your head will impede your blood circulation while doing stressful things. They should have tested the effects first on a small scale. It's not a problem if you're just watching TV and relaxing though and you don't have to worry about position of your limbs; any activity that has little thinking- it'll be like star gazing or when you're at the planetarium. I've also tried standng up while doing stuff, it's relaxing too but you won't last coz' your legs will cramp even with a high chair with foot rest unless you manage to position your arms and feet ergonomically while on such a chair. Gbu.

bdollar

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
Is it just me or does it seem kind of odd that the kid gets a 98" tv mounted to his ceiling but only a twin bed? i mean it's a TWIN bed. i think the TV is wider than the bed is.

Status
Not open for further replies.