Creative Audigy SB Help

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

yodathegreen

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2009
OK, so I bought this card off a friend a while back and I'm pretty sure I'm not getting the full extent out of it, or its a crappy piece. So he didnt have a cd to give me so I did some investigating and I guess its a OEM card and didnt come with one.
Model # SB0570

Well I have the Logitech Z-5500 speaker set up plugged into the card and I have sound no problem. Plugged in the card, plug and play auto updated the drivers. My problem is I get barely any to no sound from the middle, and the bass works but barely kicks. I had the Z-5300 before these plugged into just my other mobo at the time and that made my house shake. Now the bass works but its not effective till the speakers are too loud to sound decent. (I want to be able to feel like Im riding in a tank, but still retain my hearing for future use)

Also, being OEM I dont have the software that goes with it. I thought this may be the problem so I went on the creative site and got the programs, but they wont install, they tell me to insert the cd...... -_- .......they have a page telling you to run it from "run" and add -a -deleter for it to work but that didnt work for me either. So I dont know if my problems are cause i dont have software or the card cause I cant install the software =(

As it stands, my sound pretty much is as good as the Logitech X-90, just can go alot louder and I want to know if anyone has any solutions or if I should buy a new card.

It's wanted for: 95% games, 4% movies, 1% music

Also, I'm running vista 64 if that matters.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
I appologize for being lazy as I assumed you got the right driver.

I just went to the link you gave and here's what I found out.

From MajorGeeks:

If you have a Creative Sound Blaster Audigy with Windows XP or Windows 2000, you need to download and install the latest 32-bit Audigy audio device driver before installing this Audio Console Application.
Do not install this driver for the Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Notebook PCMCIA, Sound Blaster Audigy LS or Sound Blaster Audigy SE audio device.

Download your driver here: http://support.creative.com/Products/ProductDetails.aspx?catID=1&subCatID=205&prodID=14257&prodName=Audigy%20SE&subCatName=Audigy&CatName=Sound+Blaster

rexter

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006

If your settings are like these:

PC = 6 CH Direct, Z-5500 = 6 CH direct equals the amount of channels from source. If you get all 6 channels then you're getting 5.1 discrete signal as long as you're source is 5.1 like your speaker test.

PC = 6 CH Direct, Z-5500 = PL2 music/movie equals 5.1 channel matrix whatever channels the source.

Reason why you're only getting 4 channels before is that you're using CMSS. Also using analog signal only, limit you from using DTS passthrough and the Audigy SE must decode the signal but I'm not sure if it's capable of such processing.

For a while I couldn't see the pictures you posted due to my internet explorer setup, now that I see... I don't think that is the right control panel/screen your Audigy SE should have. Are you sure you got the right driver?

Check here: http://support.creative.com/Products/ProductDetails.aspx?catID=1&subCatID=205&prodID=14257&prodName=Audigy SE&subCatName=Audigy&CatName=Sound+Blaster

rexter

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
I appologize for being lazy as I assumed you got the right driver.

I just went to the link you gave and here's what I found out.

From MajorGeeks:

If you have a Creative Sound Blaster Audigy with Windows XP or Windows 2000, you need to download and install the latest 32-bit Audigy audio device driver before installing this Audio Console Application.
Do not install this driver for the Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Notebook PCMCIA, Sound Blaster Audigy LS or Sound Blaster Audigy SE audio device.

Download your driver here: http://support.creative.com/Products/ProductDetails.aspx?catID=1&subCatID=205&prodID=14257&prodName=Audigy%20SE&subCatName=Audigy&CatName=Sound+Blaster

Solution