Solved! Creative x-fi titanium drivers are awful

zooloo75

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2009
they keep on screwing up. like the volume panel would stop working all of a sudden, and the mode switcher wont switch. even the diagnostics get broken too...
how much money must i spend to get something decent?

cal8949

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2007
i know how it is. just got rid of my xfi fatality card a couple weeks ago

i would go for any ht omega card in you price range. i just got one and its amazing. plus i was emailing them about the best ways to hook up my speaker system to their claro card and they were quick to email me back with pictures of the cables and ways to hook it up :D. definitely some of the best costumer support i have ever worked with :D

Godlover1133

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2010
I had the same problem when i built a new Windows 7 PC. I contacted Creative support, and got e-mail response back the next day telling me to totally uninstall all drivers application, everything for the card. Then reinstall only the Windows 7 driver and compatible applications. Did it the first time through the system uninstalling, only got my mode switcher back. Emailed again, told them it still sounded like crap. This time they sent back useless junk, and i ended up figuring it out on my own. YOU MUST GO INTO THE DEVICE MANAGER and uninstall the driver completely from the card itself and then reinstall the new ones. Works fine now. Only problem i have is with my mic which when used with the card give a terrible white noise. Don't get a new card just because you can't get it to work properly, spend a little time digging into support and files, and save yourself a chunk of money. Or put it towards a 5870 :)