CRITICAL PROBLEM WITH DELL InSPIROn N5110

KRANTHI KIRAN

Estimable
Jul 24, 2014
Respected Sir,
Recently I had a problem With My Dell Inspiron N5110 laptop,The problem was i used the laptop last night and turn it off and the next day while i'm trying to turn on it is not Turning On .So i kept it In bag after few hours It Is beeping Repeatedly ,then pressing power key it is turning the beep sound off and again pressing power button it is turning on the laptop,After successfully log on to windows the battery is about 15% remaining charging,so i connected charger but the charging symbol is showing but the battery percentage not increasing even hours is completed,after some time it is shutdown suddenly and the not turning on .again same process beeping after few hours

I checked if the charging adapter is problem but it is giving 19.5 v output while testing with multimeter ,it is a original charger and original battery provided with the laptop when i purchase.what should i do know please tell me the problem

i am a hardware engineer.

MarsMan93

Estimable
Jul 24, 2014
It Is beeping Repeatedly ,then pressing power key it is turning the beep sound off and again pressing power button it is turning on the laptop
Could this be a beep code that your referring to? Check out this article.

After successfully log on to windows the battery is about 15% remaining charging,so i connected charger but the charging symbol is showing but the battery percentage not increasing even hours is completed
Try a hard reset.
1). Power off laptop
2). Remove Battery & Power Pack
3). Hold power button for 30seconds
4). Place battery back in and connect power pack
5). Power on computer

I would assume from the information provided that one or more of the following are your problems:
a). Your battery may be faulty and needs replacing, I recommend a genuine Dell battery (Find the part number on the battery)
b). Your computer may be failing the POST. Click here for information on this.

KRANTHI KIRAN

Estimable
Jul 24, 2014
yes i done the process more than twice but no change,

i recently upgraded my bios from A09- A11

i think the fault is in mother board,because today,i removed the battery and plugged in the charger and i check on the back side bottom of laptop of battery connectors using a multimeter it showing only .>3 volt of power coming from mother boards connecters ,i think it is not enough to charge a battery.

how much volt will needed to charge a dell battery