Crytek "Impressed" With Wii U Hardware Specs

Status
Not open for further replies.

alyoshka

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
I'm impressed with Crytek Enough so I guess if they do come to a conclusion that the Wii will play a version of Crysis/Crysis 2.... that would be equipment worth putting money into.

cats_Paw

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2007
"It's maybe that the concept has come before we were ready for it as an industry, so we're just trying to throw things at it right now and I'm not sure if that's going to make people money," he said. "And whether or not the consumer needs it."

Make people money, exited about a console...
I guess it speaks for itself.

blubbey

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2010
Excited? It's probably 2-3x as powerful as the 360/PS3, so now they can make games on console that might start to do the series justice. Better not take this long for the generation after to be made though... 6/7 years between generations? Far too long, but I doubt the people making money care one bit.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
The Wiii U will have an IBM Power7 CPU and graphics that are more powerful than anything currently in the console field.

The only reason to not like it will be idealogical fanboism.

Please keep an open mind.

G

[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]The Wiii U will have an IBM Power7 CPU and graphics that are more powerful than anything currently in the console field.The only reason to not like it will be idealogical fanboism.Please keep an open mind.[/citation]

Nah I think its fanboism that makes posts like that. The Wii U is using an AMD R700 GPU, used quite well in the Radeon HD4000 product line back in 2008, but seeing how next year the PC will have Radeon HD7000 chips and it will be 2012, that is way too old to get excited about.

The Wii U is just another controller concept + catch up hardware, much like the Wii was, and not a true next generation console.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]The Wiii U will have an IBM Power7 CPU and graphics that are more powerful than anything currently in the console field.The only reason to not like it will be idealogical fanboism.Please keep an open mind.[/citation]

I'm trying, I'm trying, and I keep failing... I don't understand how one can game on an oversized N-Gage... I don't understand - WHAT does PC gaming need to do to make people turn away from these toys? Flexibility - check. Modding - check. Gameplay - check. Graphics - double check. Variety of games available - triple check. And still it's not enough...

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]stm1185[/nom]Nah I think its fanboism that makes posts like that. The Wii U is using an AMD R700 GPU, used quite well in the Radeon HD4000 product line back in 2008, but seeing how next year the PC will have Radeon HD7000 chips and it will be 2012, that is way too old to get excited about[/citation]
Comparing Apples to Oranges again, this is not a PC and I said compared against existing consoles, not existing PCs.
The GPU only has to output 1080p HD and the R700 does that very, very well.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]amk-aka-phantom[/nom]I'm trying, I'm trying, and I keep failing... I don't understand how one can game on an oversized N-Gage... I don't understand - WHAT does PC gaming need to do to make people turn away from these toys? Flexibility - check. Modding - check. Gameplay - check. Graphics - double check. Variety of games available - triple check. And still it's not enough...[/citation]
I'm not arguing against the concept, I'm a PC gamer too, but people are dissing the hardware being capable which it clearly is.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]I'm not arguing against the concept, I'm a PC gamer too, but people are dissing the hardware being capable which it clearly is.[/citation]

Nah, I'm not dissing its hardware, I don't know what hardware exactly it has :) I just dislike the developers being super-excited about what looks like a toy for little kids at most, i.e. the concept of such gaming. Sure, there's a demand for such devices, I'm not arguing that - I just don't want CryTek switching to this thing after consoles...

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]amk-aka-phantom[/nom]Nah, I'm not dissing its hardware, I don't know what hardware exactly it has I just dislike the developers being super-excited about what looks like a toy for little kids at most, i.e. the concept of such gaming. Sure, there's a demand for such devices, I'm not arguing that - I just don't want CryTek switching to this thing after consoles...[/citation]
The problem with Nintendo isn't the hardware, it's the in-house games.
I have played Call Of Duty on the Wii and its OK, but no matter how well they ramp up the power Mario always looks crappy.
Of course people will still play Mario and Zelda but if they allow a few more of the so-called "Triple A" titles and hardcore games that exist on other platforms to co-exist then during the day your kids can play Monkey Tennis, then at night the adults can play Dead Space 3.

This is no longer about capability because I think we have to assume it will be able to render very well, this is now about trying to convince the tunnel vision hardcore FPS gamer that his favourite online shoot-in-the-face frag-fest is going to be available and look good.

G

What I like the most is Wii U goes hardcore.. I hope nintendo will provide a solid control for FPS,TPS and any genre beside zelda and mario.LOL

aftcomet

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2010
I know this isn't the case, but if a console needs to get excited about something that was released on PC 4 years ago, then this console is already irrelevant.

And this is coming from a console lover.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]aftcomet[/nom]I know this isn't the case, but if a console needs to get excited about something that was released on PC 4 years ago, then this console is already irrelevant. And this is coming from a console lover.[/citation]
Xbox 360 and PS3 were released with outdated hardware too, where is the rage for them?
You can't pick on the Wii and not drag the other consoles into the same bum-fight when hardware is the issue.

People don't buy based on PC vs Console, they buy based on Console vs Console.

dickcheney

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2011
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]The Wiii U will have an IBM Power7 CPU and graphics that are more powerful than anything currently in the console field.The only reason to not like it will be idealogical fanboism.[/citation]

Thats a perfectly legit reason IMO.

reggieray

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2010
Crysis One, Steller engine
Crysis Two, new dumbed down engine for kiddie consoles
Crysis Three, even dumber engine for hand held devices then ported to the PC with over hyped lies as to how great it will be.

Marthian

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010
[citation][nom]reggieray[/nom]Crysis One, Steller engineCrysis Two, new dumbed down engine for kiddie consolesCrysis Three, even dumber engine for hand held devices then ported to the PC with over hyped lies as to how great it will be.[/citation]
They might actually change that considering Crysis 2 was a huge failure on the PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.