cursor jumps and page scrolls

May 24, 2017
I have a Logitech wireless mouse. My cursor started jumping around and changes from a black arrow to smaller white arrow pointing left and right or up and down(sorry, I don't know what that is called), and the page scrolls by itself super fast to the bottom of the page. I have changed the battery, turned the mouse off then back on, and restarted my laptop. Computer says the device is working properly and the driver is up to date. This started the day after my laptop was "cleaned up" and updated. Seems like it should be an easy fix, but not sure what to do. I am running Windows 7 on a Dell Laptop. Thanks in advance!

UPDATE: Since I posted, I found in another forum a recommendation to just hit the J &/or K key. I did so, and that seemed to have corrected the problem. But now, it is doing it again!

Solution
When was the last time you ran a good virus and malware check? That would be one thing I would look into.

The other would be trying a different mouse and see if you get the same problem.
May 24, 2017
Hi and thank you. I run Malwarebytes, Avira, and CCleaner. Malwarebytes and CCleaner at the least every Monday.
Yesterday the issue seemed to go away after hitting the J & K keys then it started up again. This morning so far no problem. If it starts up again, I will try another mouse.

Appreciate your input. Thanks again.