Custom Gaming Laptop Site Recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

IAISIS

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2009
I am looking to purchase a high end gaming laptop, and am looking for recommendations on the best site to put one together on.

I am interested in top end graphics, and cpu, 17" monitor. Preferably color customization for back lit keypad. I will be playing high end games as well as rendering video and 3d modeling.

I have been looking around, but am just curios if people have had any good exp with certain sites or can offer up some advice on what to get that's great while maybe saving some money on unnecessary things in the process. ie 16gigs of 1333 as opposed to upgrading to 16g of 1600 or 1800.
Also what is the current top end gfx cards in laptops right now? What should i be looking for? Both Nvidia and Radeon. I can go either way.

Thanks

Ra

Solution

You win the idiot award.

Why did you bother to post? Did you feel like looking stupid today?

This has to be the 10,000th gaming laptop thread I've seen a comment like this in it.

Does no one understand that some people are mobile PC gamers? Business trips, military deployments, LAN parties? Did any of those cross your mind when thinking about a gaming laptop?

Some people like the portability (and also have a huge nvidia surround 3x monitor setup with 4 way SLI 580 GTXs)

As for the OP's question......

XotixPC, Sager, Alienware, ibuypower, and cyberpowerPC all sell reasonably priced gaming...

IAISIS

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2009
I have a desktop :p and its a beast, but I'm going to be going to work out at camps for extended periods of time, and want a desktop replacement(equivalent) to pack around with me and subdue the boredom of working miles away from civilization.

airborne11b

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2008

You win the idiot award.

Why did you bother to post? Did you feel like looking stupid today?

This has to be the 10,000th gaming laptop thread I've seen a comment like this in it.

Does no one understand that some people are mobile PC gamers? Business trips, military deployments, LAN parties? Did any of those cross your mind when thinking about a gaming laptop?

Some people like the portability (and also have a huge nvidia surround 3x monitor setup with 4 way SLI 580 GTXs)

As for the OP's question......

XotixPC, Sager, Alienware, ibuypower, and cyberpowerPC all sell reasonably priced gaming laptops.

I purchased a Sager a few years ago, and it was well worth the price. Highly recommended.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.