Solved! CXA 60 Amp issue

May 23, 2018
I have a Cambridge Audio CXA60 amp, paired with Monitor Audio floor standers. Earlier today I noticed that there was no sound coming out of my left Speaker, so I swapped the wires around on the back of the Amp and, this time no sound from the Right Speaker, so I determined both speakers are fine, so definitely an issue with the amp.

I took out the wires from the Right side since that worked, and turned up the volume with only the Left speaker in, I really had to turn it right up (around 80%) to hear a very low / muted sound, and distorted too. I didn't want to turn it up to max.

Next I tried the lower Left Port (marked B) and exactly the same issue (the B port on the right side works fine).

The Balance dial is in the centre, and I also tried some headphones through the headphone jack, and they worked ok, I was even able to use the balance dial to alternate between left and right earcup.

Any ideas what the issue may be? Anything I could do to fix at home, or am I looking at an expensive repair job?

Thank you and sorry for the long post

Solution
The amp is the problem. Maybe a blown fuse (cheap to fix) or a blown channel (expensive to fix).
You can remove the cover and look for fuses (there may not be any).
Get the same amperage value fuse and don't replace it more than once. If it blows again then the channel is bad.
The amp is the problem. Maybe a blown fuse (cheap to fix) or a blown channel (expensive to fix).
You can remove the cover and look for fuses (there may not be any).
Get the same amperage value fuse and don't replace it more than once. If it blows again then the channel is bad.

Solution
May 23, 2018
Thanks , but there is some sound coming when you turn it really up, albeit muffled. Would that indicate the fuse is not blown? Since if it was, there would be no sound from that channel at all?