CZ-17 Valkyrie GPU Upgrade?

xBr4v3x

Estimable
Mar 3, 2014
I recently got an iBuyPower Valkyrie CZ-17.

It runs games and everything amazingly, i just want something more powerful inside it.

Specs-
Operating System
Windows 8.1 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i7 3630QM @ 2.40GHz
Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology
RAM
16GB
Graphics
3071MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670M (MSI)
Storage
750GB HDD(Games)
250GB SDD(Windows 8.1)

I would like to get a gpu in it that will be able to run the Oculus Rift good, not something overkill, just a good enough upgrade over the 670M i have in it currently, I mostly mess with desktops, so I have litle knowledge on how to go about finding the best one for a good enough upgrade that wnt be too costy.

D

Deleted member 217926

It's a laptop. The GPU is soldered to the motherboard and not upgradeable. Only special purpose gaming laptops with MXM slots have upgradeable graphics. Clevo, some Alienware etc.

xBr4v3x

Estimable
Mar 3, 2014

The reason I'm asking is because I saw another person with a CZ-17 changing their GPU to something newer in it on another site when I looked this up the other day.

derschuhmacher

Honorable
Oct 7, 2012
What does this say:

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-iBuyPower-Valkyrie-CZ-17-Notebook.90722.0.html

Do a control find MXM if you cannot find it.

I also have a CZ-17 and it rocks, but I accidentally fried the graphics card with liquid and also looking to replace my graphics card by force and want to put a little better on in there if I can find out what.

But it plays games, it handles my Adobe Master Collection, multi-tasking and other stuff, very well. It doesn't bog down like a lot of..ahem...desktops. I cannot afford a $2,000-$3,000 desktop, unfortunately.

xBr4v3x, were you ever able to find a solution? I would love for you to share it with me-tired of using my old laptop running Linux and not being able to do a few things I need to get done.