Solved! D600 svideo not really an svideo output?

schmitdbeer

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2010
The svideo slot on my d600 laptop does not accept a standard svideo cable. I am confused Is there more than one svideo cable on the market?

Solution
never mind I finaly found it on wikipeadia of all places.LOL
Thanks a ton any how. I will definetly keep this site in my favorites.
Here is the info for those whom may have the same question.

A 7-pin mini-DIN socket.

A 7-pin mini-DIN socket.
Added by BiomedGuyNonstandard 7-pin mini-DIN connectors (variant is called "7P") are used on laptops and video cards. A 7-pin socket accepts a 4-pin plug, but not vice versa. The S-Video signals are available on the four matching pins as before. Of the other three pins, one carries a CVBS composite video signal for non-S-Video displays.
The pin out is as follows (pins are numbered from left to right in the diagram above; 4,7,3 on the top row, and 2,6,5,1 on the bottom row. Thus, the pins that...

schmitdbeer

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2010
never mind I finaly found it on wikipeadia of all places.LOL
Thanks a ton any how. I will definetly keep this site in my favorites.
Here is the info for those whom may have the same question.

A 7-pin mini-DIN socket.

A 7-pin mini-DIN socket.
Added by BiomedGuyNonstandard 7-pin mini-DIN connectors (variant is called "7P") are used on laptops and video cards. A 7-pin socket accepts a 4-pin plug, but not vice versa. The S-Video signals are available on the four matching pins as before. Of the other three pins, one carries a CVBS composite video signal for non-S-Video displays.
The pin out is as follows (pins are numbered from left to right in the diagram above; 4,7,3 on the top row, and 2,6,5,1 on the bottom row. Thus, the pins that match the 4-pin variant are numbered 1–4 as before).
1 - S-Video Luminance Ground 2 - S-Video Chrominance Ground 3 - S-Video Luminance Signal 4 - S-Video Chrominance Signal 5 - Composite Video Ground 6 - (No Connection) 7 - Composite Video Signal

Solution