dac/amp Fostex HP-A4 delay

Cinderblox

Estimable
Jan 11, 2016
Hello

Just bought a fostex HP-A4 to power my HD660s. I use it trough usb bus and the sound seems to be delayed. I can't really confirm if the optical input gives the same problem.
Watching movies is possible but the delay is noticeable.

The problem lies with using it for gaming.

Is this the fault of the DAC itself or maybe a software problem?
=> are dac's good enough for gaming?

Thanks in advance

Solution
My bad.

Used no dedicated driver and it worked.

I trusted the fostex software. I'm sure it puts more quality across the usb bus( altought I dont hear it)
But deinstalling it and setting the sample rate 24bit 192000 hz (or any other hz on the 24bit ) with the software of the motherboard itself did the trick.

I guess it is a step less the data needs to travel to get to the dac.

Cinderblox

Estimable
Jan 11, 2016
I downloaded it from their japanese site because the english download link was broken.
It will also never translate the audio real time as the processing will take a small amount of time.
But the same goes for the built in dac on the 50 euro motherbord and that device does it faster.

I also see a lot of youtube gamers/reviewers using high end headphones for gaming. But none of them talk about latency of their dac/amp

Cinderblox

Estimable
Jan 11, 2016
My bad.

Used no dedicated driver and it worked.

I trusted the fostex software. I'm sure it puts more quality across the usb bus( altought I dont hear it)
But deinstalling it and setting the sample rate 24bit 192000 hz (or any other hz on the 24bit ) with the software of the motherboard itself did the trick.

I guess it is a step less the data needs to travel to get to the dac.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS