Dac - amp help

JediMa

Honorable
Nov 20, 2013
I started lately to listen music also from my computer, where I have a
Creative Sound Blaster Omni Surround 5.1
what do I miss? A dac? A Dac amp? I also have a fiio x5 2nd Gen that could be a dac but I'm totally confused about computers and audiophile standards
I dont want to spend over 100 - 150 usd because I prefer to listen music not with my computer, It's just a side option to listen my music with better quality while I'm using my computer

I was considering in my total ignorance:
Audioquest Dragonfly
FiiO E 10k
FiiO Olympus
FX Audio DAC-X6 HiFi Optical
But I'm sure I'm missing a better option

thank you

Solution
D
Oh, nice collection! Yeah you need an amp and DAC. I'm kind of confused about what you're using now? Just the Fiio X5? With those headphones I'd be looking at something good, not something cheap.

He 560s I've considered but that HiFiMan build quality just won't let me buy them.

The Meze 99 Classics I've also considered and would have bought if not for the pad change. I'm still unclear on which pads new ones ship with. The older slightly uncomfortable for some people pads with amazing audio quality or the newer ones that make the bass overwhelming.

Currently considering the K712 Pro or the ATH-A1000Z as my next purchase. See the headphone and home audio thread in my sig for more info on what I use.

The Fiio E10K or new Q1 Mk II...
D

Deleted member 217926

Oh, nice collection! Yeah you need an amp and DAC. I'm kind of confused about what you're using now? Just the Fiio X5? With those headphones I'd be looking at something good, not something cheap.

He 560s I've considered but that HiFiMan build quality just won't let me buy them.

The Meze 99 Classics I've also considered and would have bought if not for the pad change. I'm still unclear on which pads new ones ship with. The older slightly uncomfortable for some people pads with amazing audio quality or the newer ones that make the bass overwhelming.

Currently considering the K712 Pro or the ATH-A1000Z as my next purchase. See the headphone and home audio thread in my sig for more info on what I use.

The Fiio E10K or new Q1 Mk II, Schiit Fulla 2, Audioengine D1 etc. would be good choices.

Solution

JediMa

Honorable
Nov 20, 2013

Yes just FiiO X5 2nd gen and an Onkyo CD player, which player would you suggest?
About hifiman the build of headband is crap, i broke both the yokes but I got for free by hifiman the sundara one with steel headband and they are just awesome but powe vampires

You should read here about pads, http:// I changed mine with brainwaz sheepskin but original ones are still better

I will take a look at "Fiio E10K or new Q1 Mk II, Schiit Fulla 2, Audioengine D1 etc. " to see which one can be easily found here in italy

ty