Solved! dac / amp Problem!!! with 600 ohm MMX300

Jan 3, 2019
Hello

So i just bought an MMX 300 with 600 Ohm and wanted to buy the Creative SBx G6 with it because it has surround sound for gaming and compartible with the headset.

and the problem is that i just found out that the gsx 1200 pro from sennheiser has a lot better surround sound so i now want this dac but it only runs with up to 150 ohm what should i do ?

Lg

Solution
You don’t want to run a 600ohm headset on 150ohm DAC. Completely defeats the point of a decent setup. As for virtual surround sound even the best headset setups are poor compared to a real surround sound system, I really wouldn’t put too much weight behind it. Many professional gamers only use stereo headsets.

sizzling

Distinguished
You don’t want to run a 600ohm headset on 150ohm DAC. Completely defeats the point of a decent setup. As for virtual surround sound even the best headset setups are poor compared to a real surround sound system, I really wouldn’t put too much weight behind it. Many professional gamers only use stereo headsets.

Solution

sizzling

Distinguished

Virtual surround directional accuracy is vague and is achieved by manipulating the sound. Stereo should be a cleaner more detailed sound but without the vague direction.