DDOS attack and ip address

Daentalion

Estimable
Oct 9, 2015
Hello, I hope I'm posting in the right section.

Say someone managed to get my ip address: would this be enough for them to DDOS attack me?
Also, say I am under a DDOS attack: would this be enough to stop the attack?

Solution
Yes, all they would need is your IP. Now depending on your type of internet, you may get a new IP on a timed interval or if you discconnect for 15 mins or so, then the IP goes to someone else. Sometimes though, you end up with the same IP all the time.

Yes, all they would need is your IP. Now depending on your type of internet, you may get a new IP on a timed interval or if you discconnect for 15 mins or so, then the IP goes to someone else. Sometimes though, you end up with the same IP all the time.

Solution

Daentalion

Estimable
Oct 9, 2015
Thanks a lot.
I found out that I have a dynamic IP, and yesterday I managed to change it (I unplugged my modem for half an hour). This seems to have significantly tamed my problems, but apparently it wasn't enough to solve them completely. Yet the fact that my situation immediately improved suggests that the IP address is directly connected with the problem.
Should I conclude that my problem is not a DDOS attack? Or that changing my IP is not enough to stop the attack?

Daentalion

Estimable
Oct 9, 2015
Anyway, one day this June/July someone I met online got my IP from my skype. Nothing happened for a while, since I started having internet problems around this mid August. By internet problems I mean that it won't le me load any web pages. When I turn off and on again my pc it will let me for some minutes, then it will start again. A couple of days ago I installed windows 10 deleting all my files and apps, and nothing changed.
As I already said, yesterday I got a new IP and the problem seemed to be solved; two hours later it started acting like before, even though my IP address hadn't changed from when yesterday I got my new one.
So yeah, I'm kinda confused and desperate