DDoS Attacks Pulling Attention Away from Bank Cyberheists

Status
Not open for further replies.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
Follow the money trail. It will invariably lead to a stained employee.
We never get to hear the end result of these investigations; the institutions in question just prefer to hide it all under the rug instead of being exposed for what they are and do: hire people with low pay that not only don't give a damn about your money, but also sell their info for a quick and easy buck.

b23h

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2009
I doubt that there is a person on the inside selling information. The FBI's mentions spam and phishing attacks. That means the employees are poorly trained and are sloppy with their day to day security practices.

theblacksails

Distinguished
May 21, 2009
As someone that works in IT in a relatively small bank, I can say the phishing and spam is very believable. Many of our users can't tell the difference and when we do social engineering tests every year, inevitably there's always a few that fall for it.

We can put all the security in the world in place but all it takes is one poorly-trained (or just stupid) employee to click the wrong link.

theblacksails

Distinguished
May 21, 2009
As someone that works in IT in a relatively small bank, I can say the phishing and spam is very believable. Many of our users can't tell the difference and when we do social engineering tests every year, inevitably there's always a few that fall for it.

We can put all the security in the world in place but all it takes is one poorly-trained (or just stupid) employee to click the wrong link.

Status
Not open for further replies.