diembrandon

Estimable
Feb 26, 2014
Recently, I've been the victim of a consistent ddos attack. I've formatted, changed from windows7 to 8.1 to stop it. No luck.

I am a twitch streamer, all I would have open is the game I'm playing (Have tried multiple: Smite, thief, Brothers, etc.) and OBS. I've also tried xsplit; same thing.

I have chrome installed, steam, and the proxy. I'm using putty and proxifier, but even with that, he finds my IP and shuts me down.

Not sure how to proceed.

DDoS attacks target your connection, not any data passing over it. If someone's already got your IP and is DDoSing you, a proxy won't help.

If they only start when you're doing a particular thing, then they may already have your IP and are trying to discourage you.

Reboot the router, which should get you a new (unknown) IP unless you're on a static IP connection.

diembrandon

Estimable
Feb 26, 2014
In the twitch.tv chat, he has hundreds of bots spam me a second before I go down, as a taunt. He attacks a lot of streamers that play smite.

I don't care why he's doing, I just need it to stop.

Upload over a VPN, with the termination point in a big data centre that can handle the DoS traffic. This might cost, because few places let you upload at megabits per second.

It looks like the way to get a Twitch streamer's IP generally relies on resolving Skype, so close the Skype client or do it from another connection.

diembrandon

Estimable
Feb 26, 2014
I can't seem to figure that part out. I have everything closed, and i just reformatted. I can't imagine how he's getting this. I even unplugged my consoles from the wall. I have no inkling to what it could be.