DDU is being flagged as malware by hitmanpro

Arbiter051

Commendable
Mar 28, 2016
This just happened today when I decided to do my weekly scans. I uploaded to virustotal and it seems kaspersky, zone alarm and some antivirus I have never heard of flag it as malware. Nothing else flags it.

I originally downloaded it from guru3d. I deleted the folder and downloaded from guru3d again, didn’t use it, did another scan with hitmanpro and it flagged it again

Has anyone else experienced this? Is it a false positive?

I scanned with emsisoft emergency toolkit and Zemana portable, neither of them flag it as malware.

Thank you

boju

Distinguished
Shouldn't be anything malicious about ddu as many many people use it so would think and assume it's safe.

Maybe install a newer version of ddu if available. Where did you download ddu from?

I did read just now a popular anti rootkit utility was also detected as false positive in a review by pcmag.

In future if there are more false positives get rid of it. Wouldn't want to get into frame of mind second guessing it's judgement.

Arbiter051

Commendable
Mar 28, 2016
Guru3d is where I got it from using the east coast mirror download.

I’ve been using ddu for years and it just now popped up. Should I tell hitman pro to ignore it? I am quite paranoid about security so I freaked out a little bit.