Solved! i removed malware from my pc

duskrz

Commendable
Aug 1, 2016
i downloaded and installed msn game manager but after authorizing it to install kaspersky notification popped up telling me to disinfect and remove malware (msn game manager?)

i rebooted and deleted malware said from kaspersky. After Running and Rerunning full system scans with kaspersky, i got curious and installed malwarebytes.

malwarebytes found winyahoo.
(changes your browser sec settings) but i didn't see any settings change but did reset chrome settings.

after that i ran

hitmanpro -> removed aton of cookies
then
adwcleaner nothing found
and
junk ware removal tool that deleted a couple of browser temp files.

so after all that. i've been rerunning malwarebytes full sys scans not finding anything else.
should i to be safe wipe my hdds and clean install win7? or not.

Solution
You can once again do the same thing in safe mode and this time use Combofix also. Listed here:-

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/239851-49-simple-free-guide-removing-malware

Then there will be hardly any chance for presence of malwares in your PC.

But malwares are some sort of thing which hide themselves in legit way. So, there may be chances that any malware or virus removal program can't identify it.

If you are curious about it then the best you can do is to format the HDD and reinstall windows.

CyberBlade

Prominent
Feb 9, 2017
You can once again do the same thing in safe mode and this time use Combofix also. Listed here:-

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/239851-49-simple-free-guide-removing-malware

Then there will be hardly any chance for presence of malwares in your PC.

But malwares are some sort of thing which hide themselves in legit way. So, there may be chances that any malware or virus removal program can't identify it.

If you are curious about it then the best you can do is to format the HDD and reinstall windows.

Solution

duskrz

Commendable
Aug 1, 2016
@CyberBlade + @dudio
i've been thinking about it.
and
I'm not going to wipe/ clean install

man i've done that more than a few times.. its no fun
i think kaspersky was wrong treating msn game manager as a threat.
and for that winyahoo removed looks like i am okay.

thanks for thoughts and help :)