Dead Island 2 Embraces Madcap Zombie Mayhem

Status
Not open for further replies.

10hellfire01

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2009
I actually loved the first one--albeit the technical problems of the game were bothersome.

Seeing also how the game will be running on UE4 gives me more hope. But if you still can't chop off legs and still have Zombies live, I'll be irritated yet again.

SteelCity1981

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
dead island 1 and dead island 1.5 aka rip tide were good so I can't wait until dead island 2. i'm not surprised that it won't be coming out for the 360 or ps3 since everything is shifting towards next gen consoles now. guess it will be time to pick of a next gen console soon..

10tacle

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2008
I'm still rolling fine on my PS3. Most of what's available on the PS4 I'd buy that's not an exclusive I have or want for PC gaming (BF4, Watchdogs, Wolfenstein). I probably won't get a PS4 until the holiday season which will be a first for me. I've never gone a full year without getting the latest generation console before.

cobra5000

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2008
Well, I don't know what Dead Island 2 is embracing but Dead Island 1, truly embraced "the suck"! It was the worst game I have played in years!

the_crippler

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2010
Loved the first one and 1.5. Yeah, there were the normal Deep Silver/Techland glitches and bugs that ALL of their games have...but the overall fun of the game more than made up for it. Can't wait for the second one (or, at least, the version of it they have 2 months after it releases and they've fixed all of the showstoppers that shouldn't have made it out of Beta.)

soccerplayer88

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2010
Heh, I always find it funny when a dev (or anyone else for that matter) calls a title "Next-Gen".

What are PC users called? Super next-gen?

And maybe I'm mistaken, but aren't these guys coming out with Dying Light? Which is supposed to mash Dead Island and Mirror's Edge.

Edit: Lol. I guess I was slightly correct and wrong. This game is being developed by Yager Development (which have only done flight sims or Spec Ops) and Dying Light is being developed by the original makers, Techland. We could also top off the publisher for DI2 is Deep Silver which is known for pushing out games earlier then what they should be. Ride to Hell: Retribution anyone? Metro Last Light was their only saving grace.

cats_Paw

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2007
I didnt really like the first one. Felt too repetitive.
Especially boring was when I had tot alk from point A to B and then backwards, then A to C then backwards.

Also... the Durability system on this game was a bit off. Sometimes a weapon would break in under a 30 second usage time....

Finally, please... if you make a game like this, make the weapons feel stornger. Getting a high stats hammer and dealing more damage with that than with a electronic chainsaw machete feels kinda dumb :D.

And fix the combat system plz. most time for me it was a 3 step process:

1- Look for choke point.
2- go to choke point and wait for zombies.
3- kick to regain stamina/hit to damage.

In other words, 10 minutes into the game I saw 95% of everything it had to offer. It was more of the same, with higher numbers (more life/more damage).

Status
Not open for further replies.