Dead Space Movie Project Still Alive

Status
Not open for further replies.

mvalles19

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
This movie has the potential to be epic. With today's technology it can be something Alien and the Predator series could never be. Lets just hope the production team can keep to the Dead Space story line and not re-create some rendition of the aforementioned movies.

unksol

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011
They should have thought of a good plot before making the game if they wanted to make a movie later, and the game already did all the cheap movie scare tricks so what's left? Plus Isaac would gave to talk...

The game was so boring and scripted, I can only imagine all a movie would do is emphasize how bad the game was, and get compared to event horizon, Pandora, and a dozen other mediocre movies no one remembers the names of without googling.

heero yuy

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2010
@unksol
I thought Isaac was given a voice in number 3 (and probably 2? I don't think he had a voice in one... have not played much of one mind)

4745454b

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2006
" "You would be making Event Horizon or Alien," he said. "I’ve already seen that movie. [Instead, the challenge is to tell the main character’s story in a way] that’s new and intriguing."

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's what the public WANTS to see. If the game was an event horizon or alien type game, don't go fudge it up by changing it into something that it wasn't. But I'm just the potential customer, what do I know...

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
Event Horizon or Alien? Justin Marks sounds like he has never seen Alien, it is clearly The Thing rather than Alien and probably why John Carpenter is interested - The Thing already had a prequel, this could be tied in to the same mythos

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
Event Horizon or Alien? Justin Marks sounds like he has never seen Alien, it is clearly The Thing rather than Alien and probably why John Carpenter is interested - The Thing already had a prequel, this could be tied in to the same mythos

hetneo

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2011
"Now that Pacific Rim is stomping through theaters, proving that not all game concepts die on film"

Huh? The game is based on movie, not the other way.

jack1982

Honorable
Feb 5, 2013
EA runs the game franchise into the ground by turning it into an online co-op shooter to try to lure all the Call of Duty players to it, then says they're too good to rip off Alien when it comes to the movie. Gotta love that irony.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
because everybody raved about the story in street fighter chun-li, EA thought it the greatest idea ever to hire Justin Marks to help with the film. -_-

fxdbfbreyh

Honorable
Jul 23, 2013
Hi man~!~My Life is so lonely .How about you? Recently, I join a serious interracial singles dating site on__ MīxedSinglë. ℂoм___ I just find my true love here, so I I strongly recommend this site . You interracial dating journey is just beginning! Meet singles living in your local area or in countries around the world. The common interest will help make dating easier and more effective. If you are single, have a try.sss

Status
Not open for further replies.