Debating on new Android phones

kennyj313

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2010
Hey guys, I am going to have an upgrade available on my Verizon account in July, and I am looking to upgrade from my current Droid X. I'm currently debating between the Razr Maxx and the Galaxy Nexus. Right now, I'm leaning towards the Nexus a little more because of the gorgeous screen/ ICS out of the box/ faster updates, since I'm not sure how much the extra battery life of the Razr will be of use to me based on my usage habits (I rarely find myself close to running out on my Droid X unless I forget to charge it overnight). I haven't had much experience with the Google ICS UI, and I do hear that this iteration of Blur isn't too bad.

I have also been seeing a lot of buzz about upcoming quad core phones, but I have been unable to find any solid information about any upcoming ones for Verizon. I may be willing to delay getting a new phone until August or so, but if it's any longer than that, I'll settle with the Razr/ Nexus for now.

If anyone has any advice or personal experience to offer, I would love to hear it! Thanks in advance!

Edit: I should also add, I'm open to other suggestions, but LTE is a MUST. I also am definitely sticking with Verizon, coverage is fantastic in my area, I pay next to nothing as part of a family plan, and I have an unlimited data plan grandfathered in.