Decent/cheap audio system for Gym PC?

2JZGTE

Estimable
Sep 21, 2014
Hi all,

Looking for an audio system to plug into my PC in my gym. It would be mainly used for music streaming (Spotify and Youtube), web browsing and Netflix. Absolutely no gaming.
I'm not really an audiophile and I don't need 5.1 because it's only a gym.

I'm thinking either sound bar or PC speakers. I'd like to keep it under 150 CAD = 110USD.

I currently have the Logitech Z506 on my gaming PC and I like it (again I'm no audiophile) but I'd prefer something with less speakers as I don't need/don't want to run wires for surround sound.

Any suggestions?

Why do you even need a PC in the gym? Get a tablet with an arm mount, if you use a TV for viewing, get a small HDMI PC on a stick, Android based ones are like $30, or a Roku stick or box.

For speakers, really anything will work of good quality, there are probably 20-30 good picks, biggest thing is how hidden do you want the speakers.

You may want bluetooth so you can connect your phone to the speaker for audio if you want, and use it for a speakerphone.

VAVA Voom 21 Wireless Bluetooth Speakers

Cambridge SoundWorks OontZ Angle 3XL

2JZGTE

Estimable
Sep 21, 2014
I forgot to mention, I need to play some videos (all formats). My wife does beachbody workouts. I doubt an HDMI pc can store 20gb worth of videos?

Not if they are local files, but you can connect to a central file share wirelessly using one. Pretty much every steaming video device can connect to your network to get files off a computer.