Decent Gaming Laptop but very slow.

Cr1TiKaL_Beast

Estimable
Feb 5, 2015
I bought the Lenovo Y40 because I watched many reviews on youtube and all of them showed it can play most games on medium settings with 50-60 fps but I'm only getting about 20-30 fps on games like H1Z1. But it's not only the gaming that is slow its the laptop in general because even browsing the web is pretty slow and there is a lot of delay after I click buttons. My laptop has 2 GPUs which are intel family chipset and amd radeon r9 m275. I don't know if my problem is I didn't configure them properly but I will list my specs and hope someone can help me. I am positive my laptop should be running better because I saw a ton of gameplay videos on the Y40 with much better performance than this.
SPECS:
Intel Core i7 4510U@2.00Ghz 2.60Ghz
RAM: 8GB
GPU: AMD Radeon R9 M275 2GB
Intel Family Chipset
64-bit operating system windows 8.1

I have already done my switchable graphics stuff to high performance and all that on the games I want but still nothing. It only improved the fps a bit. I put all the graphics settings to high performance. Please help. It would be a waste of 870$.

NexusDota

Estimable
Nov 6, 2014
Try setting the graphics settings slightly lower, that might be the case. Also if the resolution is changed to 720p and you see a major difference then thats also something about gaming branded laptops. Anyway also with recording on gameplay videos did they have FPS monitors or graphs? Because the computer performs usually a bit worse then what the recorder is showing.

Hippyxcore

Estimable
Feb 24, 2015
What games are you playing, what settings are they in? I too own a lenovo Y40, and can achieve ultra to high settings on most of my games (Payday2, CS GO, WoW, Evolve...) Now if your playing new demanding games, expect to play in medium settings or even low as the amd radeon r9 m275 isn't the equivalent to an nvidia gtx 860m. Make sure when you launch said game to check the switchable graphics properties as the game maybe left unassigned. Also, be sure to check your power settings as they might be left default (battery situation being plugged in or on battery) Set them to maximize performence. Make sure you turn off Anti aliasing as that will improve your performence. I hope this helped.

ArsenalPro

Estimable
Apr 15, 2015

Hey i have a lenovo y40 and i play csgo and i can only get max 70 frames, what can i do to fix that thanks