Decent Gaming Laptop- Under $800?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

cousi2344

Honorable
Jul 19, 2012
Ok, so I know I already started a thread about this but I wanted to update some things and get it out to more people, and get some more ideas. I'm looking for a gaming laptop and would like advice as this is my first time buying a laptop, let alone one for gaming. As I said in the name of the thread, my ceiling would have to be $800. However I'd like to stay under $750 and probably won't buy anything over that that isn't a great deal. Anyways, the games I'd like to have the option of playing would be, in order of importance to me:

1. Fallout: New Vegas
2. Crysis (the original)
3. Arma 2 (really interested in the Day Z mod)
4.Total War: Rome II (releasing in 2013; if I won't be able to play this it doesn't matter so much, and I know its still pre-alpha so you can only speculate what I'll need to play it, but I was a huge fan of the original so I'd love to play it)
5.BF3 (not so important to me; already have it for my Xbox)

Other than gaming, I'd be using it for basic schoolwork and internet surfing. Size doesnt particularly matter, but I'd say large is better than tiny. I'll buy from anywhere with a good reputation, whether it's direct from the company, sold by someone reputable (refurbished or new), and maybe from Ebay if it's a well-rated seller. Anyone who has any ideas for me is welcome to share. Thanks for any help!