Question Laptop Battery Dies During Gaming

Sep 10, 2023
Hey I have an Acer Predator PH315-53, runing Arch Linux.
My battery works fine normally, but during gaming, my battery LED blinks orange for a few seconds and dies.
After this my laptop doesn't work without the Adapter(doesn't even POST). To fix this issue I have to open my laptop and disconnect the battery and reconnect it after a few seconds.
My battery is at about 60% health. Is there a software workaround to prevent this? It gets pretty annoying to open my laptop up and I'd like to avoid replacing the battery right now.

Aug 19, 2023
If when you are gaming your Computer gets hot, this can result is battery draining very fast, same happens with Mobile phones.
Make sure that your fan is working fine with no blockage and your thermal paste are good.
In the end you have to keep your computer cool as much as you can, you can try adding an external cooling stand. if this does not work then you will have to buy a new battery.
As far as software to improve battery health is concerned, If your cell has been damaged you cant fix them using a software. you can open the battery check each cell and replace the bad ones. but this may remove power from the BMS and most likely lock your battery and it wont charge any more. this can be unlocked using a software but you will need a hardware to connect to the battery so that the software can send commands to unlock the battery.
This is planned obselcene, forced to buy new batteries even though the old ones can be fixed.