Status
Not open for further replies.

Equator21

Honorable
Dec 25, 2013
I wish to find (or have-developed) a program that will defeat all floating content on websites. This includes anything that remains when I scroll away; widgets, sprites, header boxes, header shadows, drop down tool bars, floating toolbars and probably other devices I haven't even heard of.
I have tried Firefox app Remove It Permanently, but it interferes with my P.C's performance (takes 10 minutes to open my browser or any Flash-oriented applications). There-fore, I am now limited to using Firefox Web Developer Tool, which often takes ten repeated "delete node" clicks to defeat the obnoxious and redundant element in the web page, and the same floating content returns when I go to another page on the website or reload the present one.
A typical one is the Amazon.com drop-down bar that stupidly "reminds" you of what you are looking at, and of which, there are already several, existing references to on the web page:
<span id="miniATF_title" class="a-size-base a-text-ellipsis
I am some-what desperate to remove floating content from my web experience, so if someone can tell me how I can selectively and permanently remove these obstructive distractions, please let me know. If you are a software developer and think you could devise a program for me, then let's talk.

Dell Optiplex 755 SFF
Windows XP Pro
160 GB SATA HD
4GB SSD2 RAM
2.66 mHz Core 2 Duo
ATI FirePro 2260
Firefox 49

Solution
I use AdBlocker/uBlock Origin and Ghostery with Chrome and Firefox and have zero issues with the additional content you are referring to. I also clear caches upon exit and occasionally run CCleaner to remove any other remnants.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
I use AdBlocker/uBlock Origin and Ghostery with Chrome and Firefox and have zero issues with the additional content you are referring to. I also clear caches upon exit and occasionally run CCleaner to remove any other remnants.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.