Defective laptop, not able to return to Newegg.com

clayestes

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2010
Hello all,

I recently bought a MSI GS60 Ghost from Newegg.com about 50 days ago. Just recently the screen has started going black randomly and I just really haven't been happy or impressed at all with this laptop. I called both MSI support and Newegg and newegg told me that I already passed their "30 day return policy" on the other hand MSI has offered to RMA it although I kinda would like to just get my money back and purchase a different product. My question is does anyone know if newegg is able to/would possibly extend their return policy as it is only 20 days over the purchase date and it is kinda ridiculous if you ask me that you pay 1700 dollars on a laptop and it doesn't even work. I am not the most happy customer ever. I appreciate everyone's opinions and advise.

Thanks,

Clay

You can certainly contact Newegg and ask them if they'd allow for an exchange for a different product (from Newegg), but don't be too surprised if they decline. Their return policy is pretty straight forward. If it works fine for 30 days and craps out on day 31, you need to take it up with the manufacturer. Newegg cannot be responsible for every item they sell, indefinitely. They're a retailer, not a tech support site. If they agree to an exchange, good on you, but if they decline, it's well within their rights and policy (regardless of how much you spent).

-Wolf sends

NeweggSupport

Honorable
Jun 4, 2013

Hello Clayestes,

We apologize for any issues you have experienced with your item. Please feel free to email us at wecare@newegg.com, we would be happy to take a further look into this for you.

Thank you,
Newegg Support