caitanyajoy

Honorable
Apr 11, 2012
Hello,

I am trying to decide between two laptops. I know very little about computers...most of it has come from researching this choice. My two choices are:

HP DV6
AMD A-8-3520 processor
6GB HD
640 GB memory
dedicated graphics card-AMD Radeon HD 6620G discrete-class
Price 549

OR

Dell 15R
Intel i5 processor
6GB HD
750 GB memory
integrated graphics card-Intel® HD Graphics 3000
Price 599

Both are at Best Buy and their sales staff seem to be either sold on the i5 being faster OR telling me the dedicated graphic card will help me out in the long run. I will be using this for Internet surfing, email, skype, photo management (family photos) and maybe some photo editing. I'd like it to last for longer than 2-3 years. My last inspiron (celeron processor/cheapest model) lasted me 6 years!

From what I understand both computers are comparable with the i5 being a faster processor, but the AMD having the dedicated graphics card which may make it smoother/faster with photo editing/skype/photo management?

Any ideas on what would be better? Would the dedicated graphic card make a difference for photo management/skype/photo editing? Is the i5 a better processor for overall? Any info on which computer/company is better overall?

Thanks so much!

Thanks for your help!

kelthic

Honorable
Feb 28, 2012
From what I understand both computers are comparable with the i5 being a faster processor, but the AMD having the dedicated graphics card which may make it smoother/faster with photo editing/skype/photo management?

This is correct. If i were you i would go for the HP laptop for the use you described.

TRENDING THREADS