Solved! Dell 3180 Chromebook

Feb 10, 2021
Hi, One of my family members found a Dell 3180 Chromebook out by the dumpsters of their workplace a few weeks ago.(Quite a lot of laptops/desktops get thrown out here.)

It starts up, goes to the desktop and all of that, though it's still a bit messy(screen needs a clean as well as the shell of the laptop), we also don't have anything to charge it with, there's about 40% charge left on the laptop.

The laptop has nothing on it, and there was no charger found alongside it, I'm wondering what would be the best thing to do when looking for hardware issues before the battery dies, to make sure everything works.

Thank you.

Solution
Thanks for the response, I've been looking around for the prices, but I want to make sure the laptop doesn't have any issues before purchasing one, that's what I'm afraid of, rather make sure everything works fine, before buying a charger.

I'm just unsure what tests to do or what to look for when it comes to it.

Use it, does it work or crash? Sound works, keys work, touchpad works, network connections work etc... If everything you try with it works, then it's good.
Feb 10, 2021
I'm in the UK but I'm sure if you go to your local eBay site, you'll find a 65W power block for around £20 to £25 GBP. Small money to get a working laptop.

Thanks for the response, I've been looking around for the prices, but I want to make sure the laptop doesn't have any issues before purchasing one, that's what I'm afraid of, rather make sure everything works fine, before buying a charger.

Use it, does it work or crash? Sound works, keys work, touchpad works, network connections work etc... If everything you try with it works, then it's good.

Solution