Dell Black screen

Jolleymi800

Estimable
Jan 21, 2016
Okay my issue is that when I turn on my laptop I can see everything perfectly fine loading. I even have my normal unlock screen to log on. But as soon as I type in my password it is just a blank black screen and the only thing that will pop up is the task manager and I can access things through that but I don't hAve a desktop main screen or a start bar or anything. I am running Windows 8.1 Enterprise. Help me!!! I have way to much data on the laptop to reset it.

Solution
Hi,

What's the operating system of your laptop? When you have Task Manager up click on File then New Task, type in explorer.exe and click OK then see if you'll get your desktop screen back. If your normal desktop screen will appear please do the following troubleshooting steps to avoid that same problem from happening again.
- Open Task Manager again then go to Startup tab, disable startup items that you don't need or you can just disable them all then reboot your laptop.
- Next is to do a complete virus/malware scan just to be sure your PC is safe from infections. Please use the link below for the tools and guide.
- http://www.tomsguide.com/faq/id-1691891/removing-malware-proven-completely-remove-bitcoin-mining-malware.html
- Once...
Hi,

What's the operating system of your laptop? When you have Task Manager up click on File then New Task, type in explorer.exe and click OK then see if you'll get your desktop screen back. If your normal desktop screen will appear please do the following troubleshooting steps to avoid that same problem from happening again.
- Open Task Manager again then go to Startup tab, disable startup items that you don't need or you can just disable them all then reboot your laptop.
- Next is to do a complete virus/malware scan just to be sure your PC is safe from infections. Please use the link below for the tools and guide.
- http://www.tomsguide.com/faq/id-1691891/removing-malware-proven-completely-remove-bitcoin-mining-malware.html
- Once done test weather or not you'll laptop would still get stuck on that black screen after logging in.

Solution