dell charger pluged in but not charging

memo5bebo

Honorable
Nov 22, 2013
as the title says my charger is plugged in but battery not charging and i did the method of closing the laptop removing the battery and press the power button for 1 min but nothing happens also unistalled the microsoft driver and installed it again however i didnt use my laptop for about two months so does this damage the battery?? also when i first plugge the charger in the laptop the led that says battery is charging lights up for a sec then close again

Solution
It would be my conclusion that the battery has died and needs replacement then. As far as the battery dying while stored, ideally if stored for over a week or two the battery would be removed from the laptop. I won't declare that the way it was stored caused the battery to die but I would think it may be a contributing factor.
Can you please elaborate on this statement "...I didn't change the charger just the jack because it was cut off". What was cut off? I'm thinking the cord from the power adapter to the laptop - that could be an issue in and of itself

memo5bebo

Honorable
Nov 22, 2013

yes i can run the laptop but while booting of the laptop is says that i need a 90w or higher adapter while i didnt change the charger just the jack beacuse it was cut off

It would be my conclusion that the battery has died and needs replacement then. As far as the battery dying while stored, ideally if stored for over a week or two the battery would be removed from the laptop. I won't declare that the way it was stored caused the battery to die but I would think it may be a contributing factor.
Can you please elaborate on this statement "...I didn't change the charger just the jack because it was cut off". What was cut off? I'm thinking the cord from the power adapter to the laptop - that could be an issue in and of itself

Solution