Dell d830 wont boot or post

outk44st

Prominent
Nov 15, 2017
My Dell Latitude D830 out of the blue doesn't post or boot at all.
Took out the battery and plug in AC only doesn't work.
When powered on the Wifi led bink for once and then followed up with a flash from the harddrive light then turn off.
When i use the Fn+power (PSA boot) combination it shows the above symptoms but the Num lock+caps lock+scroll lock stays solid and then the laptop turn off immediately.
Any of this info helps?
I searched everywhere for this particular problem but none matches my symptom.

Solution
Do you have another computer you can plug your laptop HDD into to see if it's failing?

I have to say the Dell Latitude D830 is 10 years old now and no laptop lasts forever. When older laptops fail it's usually the only mechanical part of the machine that goes first, the spinning 2.5" HDD. If you could take that HDD out and plug it into another computer, through one of the Sata cables on a desktop or with a USB adapter, you could see if the HDD is running perfectly or cutting in and out.

Other than that, i only see very expensive or very time consuming solutions for you to try.

outk44st

Prominent
Nov 15, 2017

doesn't work at all

rocktalkrock

Prominent
Jul 4, 2017
Do you have another computer you can plug your laptop HDD into to see if it's failing?

I have to say the Dell Latitude D830 is 10 years old now and no laptop lasts forever. When older laptops fail it's usually the only mechanical part of the machine that goes first, the spinning 2.5" HDD. If you could take that HDD out and plug it into another computer, through one of the Sata cables on a desktop or with a USB adapter, you could see if the HDD is running perfectly or cutting in and out.

Other than that, i only see very expensive or very time consuming solutions for you to try.

Solution