Dell Developing 7-Inch Android Tablet

Status
Not open for further replies.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
Now THAT is something i want, It's got good enough hardware to be futureproofed for 2-3 years, and the competition with Samsung's galaxy tab will be awesome!

G

800x480 is too low to be usefull on a tablet however. Android 2.1, this is a joke, right? The good news is Tegra 2 + 4GB RAM (I have some doubts about this one)

Pyroflea

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2007
That sounds like something that could be pretty cool. Tablets are so large that a small laptop is just as convenient, and infinitely more powerful. I would definitely be interested in something like this however.

milktea

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
7" with only WVGA 800x480? Is that correct? That's way too out-dated in terms of resolution. The text graphics would be so poor with WVGA on a 7" display. They should at least go to WSVGA or XGA for that screen size.

fatedtodie

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2007
do they really have to point out each time you see a tablet (that isn't apple of course because they can't be bothtered to put an microsd slot/regular sdcard slot) with an SDcard or MicroSD that the sd standard supports up to 32GB? I mean why not just put IT SUPPORTS SDHC the standard says the rest and you (the reporter/blogger/little kid) don't look like an idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.