Dell E5500 no ASIO4ALL?

Spiritos

Honorable
Jun 19, 2013
Hi,

Obivously this office workhorse has horrible audio (IDT 92HDxxx High Definition Audio Driver) but as I was planning to use it for some light music production on the road (Live 9) I was thinking about upping the possibilites a bit.

Two questions: I tried installing Asio4All drivers but I get no sound when I select them in Ableton Live. I thought the Asio's where generic but could it be they're incompatible with my hardware?

Secondly: Will adding a simple USB audio interface like: http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/UCA222.aspx bypass my internal audio and thus make it possible to work with decent latency levels?

Solution
Hi,

Could you please tell me what OS you are using on your E5500.

If you have windows Vista then it can be a pain to get working with it.

In the Asio4all setup everything should be turned off except your speakers.
If you have a software synth/wave table it should be disabled in windows if you can.
Or try to un check it in Asio4all settings tab.

Low latency helps, but it depends on your cpu, the more cores your cpu has the better off you will be when playing sounds or instruments back at the same time.

Shaun o

Distinguished
Hi,

Could you please tell me what OS you are using on your E5500.

If you have windows Vista then it can be a pain to get working with it.

In the Asio4all setup everything should be turned off except your speakers.
If you have a software synth/wave table it should be disabled in windows if you can.
Or try to un check it in Asio4all settings tab.

Low latency helps, but it depends on your cpu, the more cores your cpu has the better off you will be when playing sounds or instruments back at the same time.

Solution

Spiritos

Honorable
Jun 19, 2013
Yeah, well first I want to rule out if it is indeed impossible to work with ASIO as I can't seem to think of any reason why it shouldn't work on any machine. At this point I'm having like 200+ ms latency and I'm guessing ASIO should at least be able to bring it down by more than a half.

I have a DAW dedicated PC already but this one is for on the road and I´m just trying to make the best of it ;)

Spiritos

Honorable
Jun 19, 2013
Thanks man!
Changing the settings in Asio4All did the trick! I could leave the wavetable on as well.
Now I have a latecncy of 16 ms. It could be better but it's doable. I'm a happy Tommer ;)