Dell I7559 Blank Screen, no post

JevRon

Commendable
Sep 21, 2016
Hello,

Randomly today my screen went blank on my 6 month old Dell I7559 after walking away from it for 5 mins. After returning, I restarted and the laptop would not post and gave a blank screen, with the backlight visible. The laptop works when plugged into an external monitor. I have tried the following:

1. Unplug the battery, press the power button for 30 seconds, plug in and power on with only the power adapter

2. Place ram in the second slot

3. Unplug the LCD adapter from the motherboard and plug it back in (it's easily accessible on this PC)

All of these have still given me the blank screen. Additionally, I have pressed "d" before powering on, and it goes through the color test successfully. I can't run a bios reset as the laptop won't reach that screen, even when using the external monitor (the PC only has hdmi, not VGA). I am currently at a loss. I live on an island in Nicaragua where no addresses or shipping are readily available, but the laptop is still under warranty if it comes to that. Please help.

Jevon

Solution
either the screen or the video cable between the screen & motherboard has crapped out as the laptop still works with external monitor. send it back for warranty repair or replacement.