Dell i7559 upgradable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Autelesk

Commendable
Mar 1, 2016
I've had the Dell inspiron i7559 for a month now, but am curious whether or not I can upgrade the CPU and GPU later. I didn't mind the 960m with any of the games for the price until I saw Kingdom Come: Deliverance was going to be coming out this year. I was hoping to fit in a 970m or 980m at some point. I understand most likely I'll have to change the cpu and motherboard, but I was just asking if I had to.

Solution
CPU and GPU are certainly not upgradeable; they are mounted to the motherboard. If there is another motherboard from the same series and designed for the same shell, but with better components, then you may be able to make that work. Otherwise what bignastyid said is correct; the boards are proprietary and exclusive to the chassis they are designed for.

bignastyid

Splendid
Cpu, Gpu and motherboard are not upgradable, the motherboard and chassis are designed for each other(its not like a desktop that uses standardized parts) and the Cpu is BGA which means its soldered to the motherboard and the gpus is also part of the motherboard. About the only thing you can upgrade on that laptop is the hdd/ssd and the ram.

CPU and GPU are certainly not upgradeable; they are mounted to the motherboard. If there is another motherboard from the same series and designed for the same shell, but with better components, then you may be able to make that work. Otherwise what bignastyid said is correct; the boards are proprietary and exclusive to the chassis they are designed for.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.