dell inspiron 13 7000 series plugged in but not charging

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluntc0ncussi0n

Estimable
Aug 31, 2015
my laptop is plugged in and alive but it is not charged. it was working 2 days ago until it no longer worked. all help is appreciated

bluntc0ncussi0n

Estimable
Aug 31, 2015

i would remove the battery but i dont have a screwdriver

bluntc0ncussi0n

Estimable
Aug 31, 2015

i have no idea what the battery even looks like. in order to take it out i need a screwdriver which is something i do not have unfortunately

galeener

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2010
Not sure where your located but i would head to walmart or some place like home depot and pick up a set of screw drivers this way if you ever need them again you will have them also won't cost much and may save you a lot of future hastles. The battery should look like a small plastic brick so to speak once you remove the cover securing it it should pop out make sure you read up on removal though in your owners manual it will pretty much give you a step by step. If you don't have that just do a google search should make it easy on you.

bluntc0ncussi0n

Estimable
Aug 31, 2015

im located in the city and i will go out and get one soon. i will update this thread once i have gone out and received that, as well as check the self test button to see what comes up

mikekc

Honorable
Oct 31, 2013

You are telling me to remove the back of my computer disconnect the battery replace back and turn it on? Do you have any idea what this computer looks like?

ABQ Tom

Commendable
Sep 10, 2016
My son's Inspiron 7347 stopped charging too, and additionally it wouldn't function when plugged in to the adapter without the battery. He found that he could get it to charge if he compressed it with a stack of books. However, over time even that stopped working. I ended up removing the motherboard and I discovered that the solder joints on a diode had broken, and the diode had shifted so that it was no longer making contact with the pads on the board.The problem was that the board standoffs were of insufficient height to prevent the components of the top motherboard from touching the polymer separator between it and the bottom motherboard, and rough use caused this particular solder joint to fatigue and break. After the most difficult soldering job in my whole life with the tools I had a hand at home, I managed to locate the diode in the correct position and reflow the solder enough to get it to bond. Having it come to life again was about the happiest moment in recent memory. Not a task for someone without the correct tools
and fine motor skills.

Madeline_1

Commendable
Nov 27, 2016
my dell inspiron13 7000 series has also just begun to have this problem, and the speakers also act up when the charger is plugged in (makes weird static noises). Has anyone else experienced this?

anniananth

Commendable
Dec 10, 2016
I am experiencing this now. Very weird. Have you found any solution

Madeline_1

Commendable
Nov 27, 2016
My laptop is only a few months old and my warranty is still in effect so I actually contacted dell support and after sending me a new charger to try and having me do some diagnostics over the phone, they are replacing the motherboard for free since they believe the problem is internal.
I now it's not what you want to hear, but I'm hoping this solves the problem once and for all. Technician replacing it on Monday. Will let you know how it goes.

vchoi

Prominent
Mar 17, 2017

I have a dell 7348 with the same problem and wonder if it's broken on the same spot. Do you have any pictures of the board showing the diode's position?

MoeFlorida

Prominent
Jun 1, 2017

I had the same problem for a while. It was on again off again. Ultimately I bought a new cord and the problem stopped. It was the cord, not the laptop battery.

Aug 16, 2018

Mine was doing this because the power supply was wrong voltage but it isn't. Then I updated the bios that's when my speakers started to make the noise. still says battery not charging brand new battery and power supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.