Dell Inspiron 14" 3000 HDD and RAM upgrade

Oct 18, 2015
hello all,
just wondering if anybody could give me some assistance into how to upgrade the HDD and RAM on my laptop that i almost souly use for school. i have built many computers before but i ran into a bit of a problem when trying to upgrade the laptop, see the laptop have a dedicated place inside of it for its HDD, it is even marked off, and sadly it only supports ddr3L ram which they did not make very clear when i bought the thing because i was planing to upgrade the ram right out of the box. no matter though ram is fairly cheap nowadays. the main focus here is the HDD, which i mentioned before has a dedicated place in the computer, i have a spare 2.5 inch HDD that i was planing to upgrade the laptop with right of the bat but i was unable to because there is a small piece of plastic that is blocking the area where the HDD would connect to the mother board (google for pics of internals). anyways i just wanted to know what to do about this because it sort of puts a wrench in my original plans of upgrading the laptop right out of the box.

Thanks!

btw specs are:
32GBs of eMMc storage
intel celiron cpu
intel HD graphics
2GBs of Ram
- you can all probably see why i want to upgrade.

geofelt

Distinguished
The best performance upgrade for a laptop is a ssd. Samsung has a ssd migration tool that will clone to one of their ssd's.
You attach the ssd initially via a usb to sata adapter, a $15 cable.
When the copy is done, pull out the laptop hard drive and replace it with the ssd.
You will be delighted at the performance increase..

Post a pic of you 2.5" install problem.

I have done this on every one of my laptops.

TRENDING THREADS