Dell Inspiron 15 3541 Processor Upgrade

msndp95

Commendable
Aug 22, 2016
Hello,
I have Dell Inspiron 15 3541 - AMD E1 6010 APU - 4GB RAM - 500GB HDD - AMD Radeon R2 Graphics Processor.

I want to upgrade it's Processor to Intel i3 or i5, is this possible?

Because while purchasing it I read somewhere in the internet that this laptop processor cannot be changed or upgraded.

Thanking you in advance!

Solution
There are very very few laptops anymore where you can actually upgrade the CPU as most are soldered directly to the motherboard.

Even if your laptop had a socketed cpu you could ONLY put in another CPU from the AMD E1 family for a very minimal gain (if any at all).

Moral of the story: with laptops you are pretty much stuck with what you got, so don't buy the cheapest thing out there and then be disappointed with performance.
If you could buy a $300 laptop and add $200 in upgrades to make it an $800 laptop then everyone would be doing it.
There are very very few laptops anymore where you can actually upgrade the CPU as most are soldered directly to the motherboard.

Even if your laptop had a socketed cpu you could ONLY put in another CPU from the AMD E1 family for a very minimal gain (if any at all).

Moral of the story: with laptops you are pretty much stuck with what you got, so don't buy the cheapest thing out there and then be disappointed with performance.
If you could buy a $300 laptop and add $200 in upgrades to make it an $800 laptop then everyone would be doing it.

Solution