Dell Inspiron 15 7559 screen problem

jamezguild2000

Prominent
Jan 5, 2018
Hi, recently I broke my Dell Laptop screen. Upon replacing it with a new one, it seems that my laptop isn't detecting the freshly installed screen at all. I know the laptop is booting up, because when i connect it to my TV with HDMI it works fine, but I know that the screen isn't detected because it shows my TV as the primary display.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks :)

James

Solution
Maybe you had a bad connection, but never change anything with the power connected, you could cause a short circuit with the cable and burn a component on the motherboard, this time you were lucky.

jamezguild2000

Prominent
Jan 5, 2018

Hiya, thanks for your answer! No need to do that, managed to fix it by switching out the screen while the laptop was on. Worked a charm.

jamezguild2000

Prominent
Jan 5, 2018

Thanks for the heads up. Will be sure to be careful for the future

Jun 20, 2018

Hey I'm having similar issues. Actually extremely similar. What was your original thought? I'm not about to attempt what the last guy attempted as I may not be so lucky and short circuit something... Is there some sort of reset I'm missing after installing? Thanks much!

jamezguild2000

Prominent
Jan 5, 2018

Hiya!

What I did was pretty risky, but I booted the computer up while attached to the TV - once it turned on and I was on my desktop, I connected the screen then. It came on the moment I touched the video cable to the port.

(Maybe not the best idea to try this, but it worked perfectly for me and I've had no screen problems since then)