Dell Inspiron 15(n5040) Wont Hook up to tv --Windows 8

bnwyu

Honorable
Oct 4, 2013
Hello,

I have a Dell Inspiron 15 (n5040) and I am having trouble getting it to connect with a televison. I initially was trying to use the HDMI port. I tried several cables and the computer was not recognizing the televison. I thought maybe the HDMI port on my computer was bad, so I bought a hdmi to vga cable. It arrived today, and the computer is still not outputting to the tv. I have attempted reboots, I have tried to update my Intel Graphics Card, I have tried to jiggle the cord, I have tried multiple hdmi ports on my tv, I tried changing display settings and resolutions. I have tried everything. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get this to work? I know the HDMI ports on the TV work because my blueray player is playing just fine when tested on both ports.

The Television is a Sanyo (I have no idea what model #) 42" LCD and it just reads "No Signal" on the screen.

I should also add that I just tried to plug an HDMI cord into a Toshiba tv in my bedroom that is a 19" and it worked just fine... Why wont it allow me to plug in to the big tv?

I'm running Windows 8 64bit

bnwyu

Honorable
Oct 4, 2013
Anyone know anything about this? I am trying now with my Lenovo from work and I KNOW it works on multiple display. it is also continually giving a "no signal" on the tv and the laptop isn't detecting the tv is plugged in.