Dell Inspiron 17r turbo or HP Envy 15?

adguglani

Honorable
Oct 21, 2013
I need a decent laptop having great specs. I'll also be gaming on it. I'm not a hardcore pc gamer,i'll just play an hour or 2 a day. Among these 2 laptops which one will perform better in gaming?

1.Dell inspiron 17r turbo special edition- core i5 3210m(2.5ghz-3.1ghz,3mb cache),4gb ram,nvidia gt 650m 2gb GDDR5,1600*900pixels(17.3inch)

2.Hp envy 15- core i7 4700mq(2.4ghz-3.4,6m cache,4th gen), 8gb ram, nvidia gt 740m 2gb ddr3, 1366*768pixels(15inch)

As far as I know gt 650m is better in every way but hp's got better processor and ram. Which one will give smoother performance mainly in gaming?

Solution
Depends on your particular needs. They will both be sufficient for average level gaming. The main difference in the two lies in the 17R having better graphics capabilities and the HP having a little better of performance in other things. The processing power isn't going to be drastically different between the two processors. The 4gb should be sufficient enough to play whatever game you would need it to as well. I personally would go with the 17R because I would like having the better graphics considering the performance should be plenty to play most games out there either way. Also if I found in the future that I needed more ram I would just upgrade it.

Moonsfang

Honorable
Oct 15, 2013
Depends on your particular needs. They will both be sufficient for average level gaming. The main difference in the two lies in the 17R having better graphics capabilities and the HP having a little better of performance in other things. The processing power isn't going to be drastically different between the two processors. The 4gb should be sufficient enough to play whatever game you would need it to as well. I personally would go with the 17R because I would like having the better graphics considering the performance should be plenty to play most games out there either way. Also if I found in the future that I needed more ram I would just upgrade it.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS