Solved! Increasing performance on the HP Envy x360 15

Nov 13, 2018
Exact model is HP Envy x360 15-cp0000na 15.6 FHD IPS Ryzen 5 2500U 8GB 1TB+128SSD

I bought this laptop for work and light gaming. Due to my location I wasn't able to get anything with a thunderbolt connector.

I would like to know if there is anyway to slightly increase performance on my machine, my target goal would be to play Divinty original sin 2 DE on a reasonable fps. On heavier areas it starts to lag so I am guessing the 1gb of VRAM might be the issue here or maybe Im missing somethine else.

Anykind of tips are welcome, thank you!

Solution
If you have a single 8GB stick, getting a second matching stick should help a bit with speed. Onboard graphics scales up with faster RAM and dual channel vs single channel setups.
Nov 13, 2018

Is the only way to find out if I have a free slot for RAM by opening up the laptop?
Rather quite a few screws under long rubber bits and Im not sure if they will hold after removal, so I wouldnt want to do it without knowing if its possible.

Crucial site lists that model as having non-removable RAM with 1 slot (max of 8 gb).