Solved! HP ENVY x360 15 cp0000na running Windows 10 - upgrade hardware issues

Feb 9, 2019
Hi, some advice please .... I have bought a HP ENVY x360 15 cp0000na running Windows 10 which had a 128GB stick SSD and a 1TB Seagate HDD with a AMD RYXEN 5 processor, great price at £583 plus vat which is why I got it. However the 128 got filled pretty quick (not surprisingly when you think bout it..) and I bought and put in a 1TB Samsung EVO M.2 in its place. All good loaded up fine after restarting windows a few times just to check then I reconnected the 1TB HDD and it isn't recognised. Looked at the system within Windows only the EVO showed. The BIOS does not show any drives (well I can't see them..) although when I ran a little system analysis routine called Speecy it recognised the 2 drives, the Seagate is S.M.A.R.T controlled but the EVO isn't. Both have details shown and want to know how to resolve this issue.
Is it a motherboard problem or BIOS or is HP being clever and only allowing up to a 256GB M.2 drive in the stick slot then the system will accept the Seagate 1TB drive (this is what is stated in the HP maintenance bumpf but other models show different combinations...) I bumped the memory up to the max 16GB and has made the laptop really fast.... but, if I can solve this I'll be over the moon... cheers David

Solution
Hi, some advice please .... I have bought a HP ENVY x360 15 cp0000na running Windows 10 which had a 128GB stick SSD and a 1TB Seagate HDD with a AMD RYXEN 5 processor, great price at £583 plus vat which is why I got it. However the 128 got filled pretty quick (not surprisingly when you think bout it..) and I bought and put in a 1TB Samsung EVO M.2 in its place. All good loaded up fine after restarting windows a few times just to check then I reconnected the 1TB HDD and it isn't recognised. Looked at the system within Windows only the EVO showed. The BIOS does not show any drives (well I can't see them..) although when I ran a little system analysis routine called Speecy it recognised the 2 drives, the Seagate is S.M.A.R.T...
Feb 9, 2019
Hi, some advice please .... I have bought a HP ENVY x360 15 cp0000na running Windows 10 which had a 128GB stick SSD and a 1TB Seagate HDD with a AMD RYXEN 5 processor, great price at £583 plus vat which is why I got it. However the 128 got filled pretty quick (not surprisingly when you think bout it..) and I bought and put in a 1TB Samsung EVO M.2 in its place. All good loaded up fine after restarting windows a few times just to check then I reconnected the 1TB HDD and it isn't recognised. Looked at the system within Windows only the EVO showed. The BIOS does not show any drives (well I can't see them..) although when I ran a little system analysis routine called Speecy it recognised the 2 drives, the Seagate is S.M.A.R.T controlled but the EVO isn't. Both have details shown and want to know how to resolve this issue.
Is it a motherboard problem or BIOS or is HP being clever and only allowing up to a 256GB M.2 drive in the stick slot then the system will accept the Seagate 1TB drive (this is what is stated in the HP maintenance bumpf but other models show different combinations...) I bumped the memory up to the max 16GB and has made the laptop really fast.... but, if I can solve this I'll be over the moon... cheers David
SORTED ... my son told me on Disk Management within windows you need to register the drive and the DRIVE LETTER to be recognised.... me, daft or what... anyway now got a nice machine with 2 x 1TB drives .... they said it couldn't be done .... only thing i did was detach the cable ribbon to the existing 1TB HDD before installing and rebooting the new 1TB samsung EVO M.2 .... then connect the HDD and reassign and job's a good un...

Solution