Dell Inspiron 7000 screen very, very Dim

Philbeaux

Estimable
Dec 9, 2015
Booted up my laptop this morning and after about 10 minutes it began flickering to the point it was impossible to read. I rebooted a couple of times with no change. After I booted one more time the screen just went black. Well extremely dim really. I can just barely make out shapes on the desktop.
Now the night before, I did clean the screen off with Windex but just a spray and wipe off. Nothing more.
Any ideas on what to do? One more thing. I'm currently overseas in Trinidad for work. I'll be here another 2 weeks and I really need my laptop up and running. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Solution

Hi, if you're not here to help people with their question, forget it, unless you have something to say to solve their problem.

@Philbeaux, you can try this test, remove the battery and the adapter, hold the power button for a minute, just plug in the adapter and start. You can also try playing with the function key for the intensity of the screen. Otherwise, the inverter is defective.
G

My guess is that when you sprayed your Windex onto the monitor (which I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to spray windex or spray anything on the computer in general) some liquid might have seeped in and damaged the computer but I'm not sure.

Philbeaux

Estimable
Dec 9, 2015

I guess it could be, but I've sprayed it with Windex before with no problems. And it's not like it submerged it, just a quick spray and wipe.

G

Well, in the dark does it work? I'm not too sure how antiglare works but I'm guessing it might wear off. The experts should be able to help you.

Philbeaux

Estimable
Dec 9, 2015
Well I did connect it to a tv monitor with an HDMI cable and everything does appear to be working.
Might be a good time to upgrade to the better screen for the Inspirion.

Hi, if you're not here to help people with their question, forget it, unless you have something to say to solve their problem.

@Philbeaux, you can try this test, remove the battery and the adapter, hold the power button for a minute, just plug in the adapter and start. You can also try playing with the function key for the intensity of the screen. Otherwise, the inverter is defective.

Solution
G

Yeah, you're right. Very rude of me.