Dell Inspiron 7520 is not charging and not running on ac adapter too

kkagarwal

Estimable
Jan 14, 2016
Hello.. My Dell Inspiron 7520 is not getting changed and also not able to run directly with ac adapter. Battery and ac adapter are working fine with other laptop. My laptop is running on battery until its drained. The battery icon showing 'plugged in and Charging ' but battery is draining continuously. Battery charging indication light is also on. I ran the diagnostic and its shows everything healthy except with one warning ' ac adapter is not detected, please attach it '. Kindly help me out.
Thanks

Solution
try this, remove main battery, disconnect power adapter from laptop, hold down power button for a 20 count, reinstall battery, reconnect power adapter & turn on laptop. if still not work go thru process again but try with or without battery or power adapter at a time.
Hi,

You mentioned that you've tested both battery and AC adapter onto a different laptop and they worked but have you tried the battery and AC adapter of the other laptop into yours? Also if your laptop doesn't boot up with just the AC adapter connected that could only mean that it's the AC adapter that is faulty already. I would suggest testing it first to check if it's supplying enough voltage or try the AC adapter from the other laptop you've mentioned and see if it power the laptop because if it doesn't that means the problem is with the charging port where you connect your AC adapter.

kkagarwal

Estimable
Jan 14, 2016
I tried with other battery, other charger and other mains power socket but battery doesn't gets charge. Battery symbol says ' plugged in and Charging '. Battery charging status light on laptop is On when charger is plugged in both laptop on and off conditions. Please help to diagnose the problem. Thank you

kkagarwal

Estimable
Jan 14, 2016
Hello guys.. I checked the voltage on adapter output.. Its showing 19.6 volts. I checked the voltage at dc jack output.. Its showing 19.6 volts across positive and negative terminals. But my battery is not charging and my laptop is not running on direct adapter supply too. Please help. Thanks..

ffg7

Splendid
try this, remove main battery, disconnect power adapter from laptop, hold down power button for a 20 count, reinstall battery, reconnect power adapter & turn on laptop. if still not work go thru process again but try with or without battery or power adapter at a time.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS