Dell Inspiron 7548 - blank screen on bootup

moeror

Honorable
Feb 5, 2013
I have a Dell Inspiron 15 and I was asked to do a Dell update so it was doing its thing and it froze so I hadn't to shut the power off and whenever I boot it up now I just get completely blank screen. Don't even think the LCD is coming on. It's not very old. Maybe a year. It doesn't even sound like it does when it usually powers on. Any ideas?

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help in resolving that issue.
- Do a hard reset, remove the battery and AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds. Plug just the AC adapter and boot the laptop then see if it will load normally.
- If that doesn't work reseat the RAM, remove them off from the laptop for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure that they are seated properly into each slot.
- Next is to try and connect an external monitor and see if you'll get any display from it because if you do chances are the screen may be damaged already.

moeror

Honorable
Feb 5, 2013
I removed battery and plugged in AC and turned it on and nadda. Did power reset nadda.
Removed RAM sticks for few seconds and put back. Nadda
Tried to hook up to external monitor but nadda.

Have a feelin my laptop is fucked.