Dell inspiron n5010 swtiches off 1 minute after switch on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rahul Mehrotra

Honorable
Apr 9, 2013
I have a dell inspiron n5010 laptop. It was working perfectly fine yesterday night. I shut down my Laptop after work and went to bed. Today morning while trying to switch on my laptop I started facing this issue. Whenever i switch on my laptop It boots into windows and after a 20-30 seconds it switches off with a click sound.
Not shut down but off completely. I tried removing he battery and swithing on with power cord still in vain. Also I tried resseting my BIOS but While I was in my BIOS my laptop again switched off with a click sound....??? no idea why is this happening.. I switches on completely for 10-20 seconds and then switches of with a click sound.

Apr 9, 2013
if is an overheating issue (I can not be absolutely sure without having the laptop in front), you need disassemble the laptop and clean the heatsink and removing old thermal grease from the CPU and applying new grease. You can do it yourself by free cost.
Here is a disassemble guide http://www.insidemylaptop.com/taking-apart-dell-inspiron-n5010-inspiron-15r-laptop/

when you get access to the cooling fan, you need dissamble the screws on in to remove the heatsink . Then you can clean it.
If it sounds too difficult for you , give the laptop to a professional to fix it. Proffesionals will change entirely the heatsink and the fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.