Dell laptop not recognizing HDD

digam

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2009
Hello friends
I have a dell 5537 laptop, everything was fine until recently when i boot up my computer a black screen will appear saying no bootable device found. So i went into the bios and noticed that it is not detecting my HDD. I then removed the battery and put it back in, this time the computer switched on normally. Thing is that every time i switch off the computer, and when i will boot it up it will do the same thing not recognizing the HDD. Therefore every time i have to remove the battery again and again to get it working. What is causing this?
Thank you in advance
hoping for a solution as it is not convenient to remove the battery and place it again every time i want to use the pc.

digam

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2009
Well i removed the battery, the laptop does not even switch on this time. And also the led on the power brick was flashing yellow. What could be causing this?

D_Know_WD

Estimable
Have you tested your HDD? In case you have done that and it is healthy, then you should consider what viometrix suggested about the CMOS and BIOS.
If the laptop is under warranty, it may be a good idea to contact the manufacturer. In case it is not, I guess it will not hurt to contact a repair shop.

D_Know_WD

TRENDING THREADS