Solved! Dell Laptop won't charge

Myronazz

Honorable
Sep 5, 2016
Hello,

i've got a Dell Insipiron 411Z and it does not charge, it does receive power from the power supply and it does turn on, but the charge indicator LED is blinking

I got this laptop back in 2012 and the problem started happening at around 2015 if memory serves, at the same year, my mom took it to a computer repair shop and the technician said that something inside needs to be replaced and it'll cost us 50$

To this day, we still haven't replaced that part, and so the laptop needs to always be plugged in, and i was wondering, what is this part the technician was referring to? If it's not the power supply or the battery, then what the heck is it?

I should probably mention that i also did some research and found out that if i update the BIOS it could fix the problem, that's not the easiest thing since the laptop demands to have at least 15% battery to do it, but since it doesn't charge, i can't do it, people said that i can bypass the error message by using the forceit parameter but that didn't do a thing

Any ideas on what could be the problem? Thank you, your help is appreciated